JGS

Hi Hansen,
If a respirator is fogging your glasses then the respirator does not fit
properly. Exhaled air should only leave through the exit valve. Most
manufactures make at least three sizes. The size that you need has little to do
with body size. You need to actually try them on. A quick and better than
nothing test to determine if the respirator fits is to put the unit on, adjust
the straps until it is tight but not deformed, remove the cartridges or filter
holders, put your palms over the holes and try to inhale. If you can inhale it
does not fit. JG

Hansen wrote:

I do use the 22 decibels ear muffs always (work tunes), so I don't think
that it is the noise. I have used the paper filters before and I won't use
them. I used to have an old 3M single cartridge. It used to fog my glasses
so that in of it self made it dangerous. I am in a quandary.
"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 07:28:52 -0700, the inscrutable "Hansen"
spake:

I have been getting horrid headaches after using my sander. Being from

the
old school of thought, a respirator was what was used for painting,

solvents
etc... Is there a respirator out there that won't fog my glasses or be an
absolute pain in the face to wear? I am not thrilled about the thought

in
the first place but it is better the the pain I get after a couple of

hours
of sanding. Any thoughts or comments???

If you're referring to the white fiber respirators, toss 'em. Even the
good types don't seal well at all.

Try a supplied-air or full face mask if the silicone rubber half-face
respirators don't seal. And don't forget those tap, tap, tap safety
ear plugs (or muffs.) Sound could be another potential cause of those
headaches.

Please return Stewardess to her original upright position.
http://www.diversify.com Tagline-based T-shirts!