George

"Leo Van Der Loo" wrote in message
Hi Keith

Skylight, yes that's the best, ( in the day time only )G.
I have and I think it's best to have, fluorescence plus incandescent
lamps/bulbs.

With the cost of skylights, I imagine you'll want to pass in favor of some
fluorescent general lighting to simulate skylights. Unless you heat the
place in the cool weather, you'll want the more expensive types that won't
be as affected by the cold. If you intend to turn in summer, pass on the
big halogens, too. My task lights are the desk lamp articulated variety,
mounted off the lathe for vibration isolation. I have one at the head and
one at the tail, thereby covering outside and in. Don't rely on the
reflectors to give you much help, use the floods with built-in reflectors
and you'll get better light.