RoyJ

Square tubing is nothing but round tubing that was run through a
"turkshead" roller (4 rollers set at an angle to the tube) Start with
round, comes out square (with rounded corners)

You can buy tubing made to tubing specs (A513 types 1, 2, and 5) in pipe
sizes (OD is the odd pipe sizes)

Sure you can thread tubing, you can thread it to tapered pipe threads,
any of the standard SAE threads, or to any weird special thread you
want. Go ask the telescope makers what thread pitch they use!

Conduit is conduit. It is made on the same type of machinery as pipe and
tubing, just different dies plus a special process to make sure the
inside bore is smooooooooooooth to keep from fraying the wires.

If you want to see all the equipment to make pipe and tubing take a look
at this
http://www.ameinc.com/ameinc.pdf

Glenn wrote:

How bout this for a kicker?? I have heard of square tubing but neve heard
of square pipe. Is tubing ever threaded?
Is conduit tubing or pipe?
Damn ... another night without sleep LOL
Glenn
"Tom Miller" wrote in message

Pipe is measured as "nominal bore" which means that the size quoted is an
approximate inside diameter. for instance 1/2 NB is about half an inch
inside diameter and the wall thickness is specified either as a "schedule
5
or 20 etc . Tubing is measured as an outside diameter and a wall
thickness. As a general rule tubing has a better finish and more
consistent
diameter than pipe.

Tom

"Yvan" wrote in message
news
What is the difference? I have purchased manual for building mini chopper
frame, and I have no idea what to ask for in shop (where I am no one in
metal shop - or any other speaks English). English is not my native
language, so please go easy.

And what is the difference when bending pipe and bending tube. I knew
that
bending tools are different, but why? Something to do with a diameter?

--
___ ____
/__/ / \ ** Registrovani korisnik Linuksa #291606 **