Ed Sirett

On Sat, 22 Jan 2005 16:58:14 +0000, F wrote:

Our First Alert CO Detector (model FACORS-UK) is beeping so it's time to
either get a new one or replace the detector/battery cartridge.

Anyone got any ideas on a similar detector at a lower price, a better
detector at a simliar price or a source of a cheap refill cartridge?

Whatis it that you are trying to monitor?

Invariably when I see these they are installed along side room sealed
boilers, where the possibility of serious amounts of CO entering the room
is very remote indeed.

They should only ever be used along open flued appliances or flueless
appliances. They are not, absolutely not, a substitute for regular and
conscientious maintenance.

The spot cards get dark without CO over time the electronic ones have a
limited life.