IMM

Default Condensing boilers and pluming

"Nick Brooks" wrote in message
IMM wrote:
"James" wrote in message

Hi

I've just had installed a Worcester Bosch condensing boiler system (R29

HE).

I understand that the pluming is common (inevitable?) with condensing
boilers. There is a fair amount of pluming with the R29 HE. I've been

told
by a WB engineer that this will always occur (it'll be worse the colder

it
is) and indicates that the boiler is working well.

The flue cannot be moved. Is there a way a way of lessening the visual
(cosmetic) aspect of the pluming so that it doesn't look like a smoking
chimney? I'm not suggesting that the emissions are lessened. I'm

thinking,
for example, of putting something around the flue.

I understand that the emissions are more benign that conventional

boilers
(although, ironically, the pluming makes them seem otherwise). However,

what

sort of damage can the emissions do to a brick wall, double glazing,
anything else?

If you don't like the nuisance plume, then the only alternative is to

have
the boilers flue fitted through the roof, as they do in Germany. Get

the
boiler moved to the loft.

Don't move the boiler to the loft. One of the advantages of condensing
boilers is that the exhaust gasses are not hot so you can use long
plastic flues meaning the boiler doesn't have to be sited on an external
wall.

It depends on the boiler. The W-B is not one, it will have to be moved.