Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave" wrote in message

As far as putting a 12" dowel in a 6" hole, well you could place the
dowel through the piece containing the hole but it wouldn't look like a
6" dowel in a six inch hole.

What I'd hope to happen is a big error message "you can't do that dummy"
and then crash my computer or something.

You could change the dimension as you say from 3' 2" to 4' 6" but it
won't resize the cabinet. You could, however rescale the piece so that
the dimension is increased to the desired 4' 6" if you'd like.

I sometimes draw things out just to get the cut sizes and figure dimensions.
Appearance is not a big factor as I know what it is going to look like.
Sometimes I draw a piece out and don't like the proportions. To change the
drawing on paper you have to re-draw. The re-scale may be what I'm hoping
it would do.

I guess I should try out a couple of programs to see how well I can handle
them. They all look so simple when an experienced person is doing the
drawing.