Dan

On Sat 22 Jan 2005 11:51:36a, "Hansen" wrote in
:

That sounds like what I am looking for. Comfey and easy (call it age).
Do you by chance know the brand of your respirator?

I can't remember. I just went looking for it and it looks like they're
both out in the garage. I just spent the last three hours or so
shoveling snow, it's about 15 degrees and blowing, and I'm in my
slippers with a hot chocolate. The garage isn't attached. Sorry, not
going out to look just yet. I remember it was under twenty bucks,
though. Walked into the front office and told the guy at the counter I
wanted something comfortable, trustworthy, and cheap. He pointed me at
those things. But what's around me here in Wisconsin may not be what
you've got locally, and I think it's better to buy this kind of stuff
locally so you won't have to keep mailing out for cannisters.

How "cheap" are your canisters?

The particulate catchers aren't much. Under five bucks, I think. Bought
a supply of 'em when I bought the masks a couple years ago and haven't
checked prices since. The ones for fumes are more expensive. Ya got yer
basic fume cannisters, and then ya got yer... hm. Something else. Jeez,
just three or four hours of shoveling snow in a blizzard and my mind
just shuts down. There's two or three kinds of fume cannisters. I got
all of 'em except the biohazard nuclear apocalypse ones.

One last question, does it have one or two straps that go over
your head. I had the 1 strap and it sucked!!!

It's got two straps. Kinda like this one:
http://www.taunton.com/finewoodworking/pages/w00112.asp
(pretty good article, by the way.)
I'd suggest checking the phone book for places like Lab Safety Supply
and work from there. The place I found actually had some floor models I
could try on.

On a side note what is "SWMBO" ?!?!?!

She Who Must Be Obeyed. :-)
It's a Wreck thing.