J T

Fri, Jan 21, 2005, 10:23am (EST-3) claims:
snip I'm realizing that I need to learn how to produce detailed
drawings of my concepts to help avoid design mistakes midstream. snip

I think you're dreaming there, I've seen a lot of detailed plans
with design mistakes.

I usually figure out most of my plans in my head, maybe a rough
sketch or two to clarify something in my mine.

But, if you want a picture to show the wife, I would think a sketch
would work. The way I would do it, will come up with a pretty detailed
drawing.

Use a hard pencil, and very light lines, make a sketch of what you
want. Then go over the lines that look "right"with a slightly heavier
line. Repeat as needed. You can erase the lines you aren't happy with
at any time. Even if you can't draw great, you can come up with some
pretty detailed drawing this way. Feel free to use a ruler, and/or
compass.

Speaking of compasses, I had one of those el-cheapo metal ones,
like I had in school. Never worked worth crap. Found a plastic one at
an office supply store for about $1, and it works great.

JOAT
Charity ain't giving people what you wants to give, it's giving people
what they need to get.
- Albert