Hansen

Thanks George. I too have gone through the Pulmanary Funtion testing ( I am
former firefighter). I was thinking about a down draft table, however, I
dont have the room in my garage (where I do my wood working) for too much
else. I have a Dewalt finish sander that I use quite a bit and I seem to get
quite a bit of dust in the collection bag. Whether it is good or bad at it,
I don't know, as I don't have anything else for comparison. I am looking for
a "magic pill" ie: quick fix, cheap small, perfect, all purpose solve all.
Sorry medication seems to be wearing off, delusional fantasy At the moment
I am hoping that everyone will give me an opinion or an idea and one or two
of them will fit my need or whatever. Thanks for the imput.

EPI
"George" george@least wrote in message

"Hansen" wrote in message
I have been getting horrid headaches after using my sander. Being from

the
old school of thought, a respirator was what was used for painting,

solvents
etc... Is there a respirator out there that won't fog my glasses or be

an
absolute pain in the face to wear? I am not thrilled about the thought

in
the first place but it is better the the pain I get after a couple of

hours
of sanding. Any thoughts or comments???

Probably gritting your teeth.

However, unless the extractives in the wood you're sanding have a

noticeable
odor, all you need is a dust mask and distance from the work. You can get
into problems if you get a mask which restricts airflow severely. We have
to go through lung function tests before we're certified for the HEPA

masks
we wear as contagion prevention, and some are prohibited from using them.

I've got Bosch sanders with good dust recovery, and a downdraft (pegboard)
box for small stuff where the hoses get in the way.