Wayne Lundberg

"Tom" wrote in message
Wayne Lundberg wrote:

Back when I was a practicing Mfg. Eng. at Solar Turbines I did extensive
research into deburring the inside hole made in tubing. I failed to find
anything really earth-shaking.

I'm faced with the problem again in advising a client of mine on how to
deburr the 15 holes he is drilling in 1" od aluminum tubing to create

his
telescopic affair for his cargo net for pickup trucks. He bought a neat
deburring tool from McMaster, on my recommendation, and is using it

quite
well, but his hand and wrist gets tired after about the 100th hole. He

does
not want to follow the logical step in taking the work to Mexico or

China.
He wants his product to be made in the USA.

Any burr left on the inside of the tube screws up the easy telescoping
movement and scratches the inner tube as well.

Anybody have any proven success with this kind of problem?

I told him this is one reason so many manufacturers have gone to Mexico

or
China because deburring is really one of those pesky problems requiring
human hands. Of course he could do the work on a CNC machine and maybe

we
could find a shop to do it but the cost is going to be enormous when he

is
only dealing with a thousand holes a month. Now.

Wayne

Perhaps one of the Cogsdill Deburr tools would provide an answer?

http://www.cogsdill.com/pdf%20files/...20Products.pdf

Tom

Thanks Tom... am pursuing this idea as we speak.