Wayne Lundberg

"DOC" wrote in message
Would it be possible to jig up something on a drill press or lathe
so that this could be done semi automatically?

If you mounted a three jaw on the center of a drill press table
that would hold the tube.

Then have a flap wheel in the normal chuck and run the tube up and down by
adjusting the table height.

Or perhaps if you mount a drill press at an angle you could run the tube
in and out by hand.

You'd need an extension on the flap wheel but I assume you can figure
out how to do that. :-)

DOC

We are drilling the holes through one side of the tube, and not through the
tube. This part is done on a mill-drill machine where we crank in the 1"
spacing between holes while the tube is held in a standard vice on the
drill-mill table. The problem is when the whole is finished, there is a burr
on the inside of the tube and we can only use a 90 degree deburring knife to
kill the beasts.

Wayne