carl mciver

"Wayne Lundberg" wrote in message
| Back when I was a practicing Mfg. Eng. at Solar Turbines I did extensive
| research into deburring the inside hole made in tubing. I failed to find
| anything really earth-shaking.
|
| I'm faced with the problem again in advising a client of mine on how to
| deburr the 15 holes he is drilling in 1" od aluminum tubing

SNIP

Cogsdill deburring tool. It's a hollow rod that you chuck into your drill
motor. Near the end it has a slot with a "tooth" sticking out the side and
by adjusting the set screw in that end you adjust the spring providing
tension on the tooth. You simply push it in and out of the hole while
spinning the drill and depending on the tension you set, rotation speed, and
how long you linger the hole will be deburred, and if you let it work too
long you even get a chamfer. The tooth moves out of the way while inside
the hole. Very cool tool.

Get 'em on ebay or do a search on the web for sellers. I love using these
things, but they take some getting used to because there are three variables
that control how much gets cut off. I don't think that for your client's
application it will be a big deal, but for mine, a chamfer on the back of a
close tolerance hole is a very bad thing.