Pedge

Andrew Chesters wrote in
:

Pedge wrote:

I could just use 1.5mm like I did last time but as somebody gave me a
left over reel of 1mm cable i'm going to use this instead.

This 1mm cable will be used to power 3x 25watt kitchen wall unit
underlighting and a seperate 1mm cable will power 3x 50watt halogen
downlights. Both 1mm cables will be joined to the 1.5mm live current
into the room.

Kitchen unit lighting= 3 x 25w= 75w= 75w / 240v= 0.3125A
Halogen downlights= 3 x 50w= 150w / 240v= 0.625A

Total ampage = 0.9375 Amps

Cable load = 14 Amps

So in the above calculation it's ok.

In addition to _some_ of the points above, please do use a proper
junction box, not terminal strip, to make any joints in your system.

Thanks to all for the advice. Will use proper 4 inch junction boxes for
this.