Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
:::Jerry:::: wrote:
I've done wiring before in other rooms of the house which involved
wiring downlights + transformers. This obviously needed extra wiring
from the main supply into the room. Pretty simple if you know what
you're doing.

And possibly lethal if it turns out that the person isn't as competent
as they thought...

My only concern here is that if the live supply into the room is a
1.5mm cable can it be extended to the kitchen wall unit lighting using
a connection block and 1mm cable.

snip

Then you are not competent, think about it, can you vouch for all your
other work if you have failed to understand the basic theory ?

It's possible to simply copy exactly other similar wiring without really
understanding all the theory. I've been doing this for years. ;-)

The far more dangerous approach is the IMM technique of truly believing he
knows what he's talking about, but plainly doesn't.

--
*Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.