I tried to be sneaky and called Ideal claiming to be a Corgi registered
installer - Made no difference. Buggers still won't repair a pcb or
send a new one, only send their engineer (at an unspecified time) to
replace it while I'm not at home.

MJT Controls seem to sell them... for about =A3150 :-(

I took a good look at the pcb, checked there was mains going in to the
transformer, measured a few diodes and transistors etc. but my eyesight
is not up to dealing with surface mount stuff these days - Give me a
power driver board from a pinball machine any day!

What do you recommend Geoff?

raden wrote:
In message . com,
writes
I should have added that the boiler has worked ok for about a year
after the two years of problems, so it's unlikely that Ideal will
replace it now.

That said, I have dozens of ICOS / ISAR pcbs waiting for me to get

test set sorted to repair them. They are really crap

--
geoff

Any chance you have a worker in that pile of pcbs?
I looked on
www.keeptheheaton.com but they don't seem to stock
them...

Quite possibly, but without being able to detect the flame (which for

some reason, I seem to be having a problem), it's impossible to tell.

Given this uncharacteristically mild weather, I might be able to sort
this out sooner rather than later
=20
=20
--=20