:::Jerry::::

"Pedge" wrote in message

snip

I've done wiring before in other rooms of the house which involved wiring
downlights + transformers. This obviously needed extra wiring from the
main supply into the room. Pretty simple if you know what you're doing.

And possibly lethal if it turns out that the person isn't as competent as
they thought...

My only concern here is that if the live supply into the room is a 1.5mm
cable can it be extended to the kitchen wall unit lighting using a
connection block and 1mm cable.

snip

Then you are not competent, think about it, can you vouch for all your other
work if you have failed to understand the basic theory ?

I think you have encapsulated the thinking behind 'part P' !