Anthony

"Karl Townsend" wrote in
anews.com:

I've canalized an old CNC control and built a new operator's CNC
control panel. It has several push buttons, toggles switches and
selector knobs. I'd like to do a professional job labeling these. The
print has to be different sizes and some of it has to follow a circle
around a knob. FWIW, everything is mounted on a sheet of 304 SS.

Is there any way to lay this all out in some pc program and print it
to something that can be transferred to the sheet metal? Which
programs, materials etc.?

Karl

Draw it up in any cad software, and take it to your favorite laser
marking shop. They can import it directly to the laser. Burn time would
probably be a few seconds, at most. The set-up charge will be more than
the burn charge.
Another option, multi-layer plastic engraving. Basically, two different
colors of plastic where you engrave through the top color to reveal the
lower color. Permanent, highly visible, and relatively cheap.

--
Anthony

better idiots.

Remove sp to reply via email