TURTLE

wrote in message
oups.com...
We've only been in our house (30 year old home) for a few months. We
can tell whenever the AC or furnace kicks on because there's an almost
imperceptible dimming of the lights. Can someone explain the possible
reason(s) for this? We have a home warranty and if this is something
serious then we'd like to have it addressed quickly.

Thanks!

This is Turtle.

First you did not give enough data to even start to see or get a guess at it.
Here is what you need to give.

1) Is the dimming happening during cooling mode ? Heating mode ? during both
modes ?

2) Is the furnace a gas , Propane, All Electric , Gas furnace and Heat Pump
Combo, or heat pump only type heat with back up electric heat ?

3) Do you live in a very far out of town area ? Or in a city ? Or in a Big
City ?

4) How Bad do the lights blink as 1/10 of a second or more that a full second
?

5) What is the name of the Home warranty you have ?

TURTLE