James

Default Condensing boilers and pluming

Hi

I've just had installed a Worcester Bosch condensing boiler system (R29 HE).

I understand that the pluming is common (inevitable?) with condensing
boilers. There is a fair amount of pluming with the R29 HE. I've been told
by a WB engineer that this will always occur (it'll be worse the colder it
is) and indicates that the boiler is working well.

The flue cannot be moved. Is there a way a way of lessening the visual
(cosmetic) aspect of the pluming so that it doesn't look like a smoking
chimney? I'm not suggesting that the emissions are lessened. I'm thinking,
for example, of putting something around the flue.

I understand that the emissions are more benign that conventional boilers
(although, ironically, the pluming makes them seem otherwise). However, what
sort of damage can the emissions do to a brick wall, double glazing,
anything else?

TIA

Praful
(Remove spam-spoiler "ABC" from email address)