Peter Wells

Duane...

Please read the original post, the system HAS been regularly serviced and
other tech's (reputable companies) have come out specifically to address
this problem, the reality is that try as you might it is difficult without
knowledge to assess the abilities of those who do this kind of work.
Gaining some knowledge before calling a service tech, for which I am
grateful to those who gave constructive comments, helps me vet the tech's
before they come - that to my mind is the lesson learned.

Peter
"Duane Bozarth" wrote in message
Peter Wells wrote:

Thanks to those who replied constructively, I spoke to a couple of

service
companies and found one who seemed to agree with the suggestions given

here.
They came out last night, took the burner apart, cleaned everything

(there
was a lot of what looked like chips of rust in it) and now it starts

without
the boom.

And the lesson to be learned here is...you could have done this and
should do such an inspection and cleaning every fall before you
relight it for the season. If you find something you don't understand
or something doesn't "look" right, then you can call the service folk...