Ross Mac

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Just got my box from Harbor Freight ( www.harborfreight.com ) and it
contained my 2 AA cell miniature flash light. Catalog number 3852-8JMA,
costing $1.99 for the flash light. Incidentally, there was shipping costs
on
the order.

And here is what I found....

The light is 6 3/4 inches over all. Slightly longer than a mini mag which
is
5 3/4. This is a concern. A mini mag fits nicely in my bathrobe pocket.
And
also in my front pants pocket. The inch longer light would not fit in
either
of these pockets.

The batteries supplied were the cheapie carbon cells. Panasonic. Good
brand,
though.

The brand of light is "Gordon" which I've not heard of that brand. There
is
a sticker which instructs me to always wear safety glasses. It further
instructs me not to remove the sticker. Wonder if the same folks that
arrested me for removing my tag from my matress would get me if I removed
this sticker? I don't want to find out, the Department of Matress Tags
guys
sure play rough.

The on off switch is a push button on the side. The light turns on when I
lift my thumb off the button, so it does not have "instant on" or
momentary
contact.

The lens is adjustable, spot to flood. The lens is round, so it doesn't
have
the 8 sided "won't roll off the table" design.

The bulb appears to be the same bi-pin bulb which is used by Mini-Mag. I
didn't see if they are interchangable, but very likely are.

The tail cap did contain a spare bulb. I pounded and whacked the tail cap,
and could not get the bulb out. I needed a mini pair of needle nose pliers
to get the bulb out. I did not try my Leatherman pliers -- they might be
too big.

They did provide a nylon belt case for the light. The belt case appears to
be the same design as the Mini Mag case, it seems a bit short for the
Gordon
light. Makes me wonder if the light would fall out easily. I've got enough
stuff on my belt already, didn't try it.

be fairly well made, and should provide at least two dollars worth of
service. I would reccomend using alkaline batteries. The provided carbon
batteries can be used for TV remote, or other low drain application.

The filament bulb should be EMP safe, if you are concerned about having a
light after a nuclear explosion.

I'm going to put a couple of these lights in my glove compartments, tool
boxes, etc.

--

Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus