Pedge

Lurch wrote in
:

On Fri, 21 Jan 2005 22:57:03 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
strung together this:

Then there's no point in this DIY group attempting to answer wiring
questions?

Well, I may have been a bit hasty with the shortness of my reply, it's
just that phrase scares me. If the OP hadn't put that statement in I
probably would have answered in a more useful way. The whole post
seemed a bit non-sensical to me so decided I'd rather not have to let
another electrician find the (what sounded like) bodge that was being
installed by the OP.

I may be wrong, but I'm edging on the side of caution today!

I understand what has been discussed since my original posting and the
work being done electrical, it is a dangerous area to touch if not
competant enough.

I've done wiring before in other rooms of the house which involved wiring
downlights + transformers. This obviously needed extra wiring from the
main supply into the room. Pretty simple if you know what you're doing.

My only concern here is that if the live supply into the room is a 1.5mm
cable can it be extended to the kitchen wall unit lighting using a
connection block and 1mm cable.

Dave has answered yes as long as there is a 6amp MCB. The fusebox only
has a 5amp fuse for the lighting circuit and not 6amp. On the calculation
of the lighting wattage throughout the circuit in the house dividing it
by the voltage it should be safe. These guidelines were checked on web
resources.

The 1.5mm cable can take upto 18amps and the 1mm 14amps.