IMM

wrote in message
ups.com...
My Ideal Isar has been a nightmare, having it's PCB replaced *six*
times during the warranty period. I should have signed up for more
cover of course but I felt that if it went again I would throw it out
the bathroom window onto the concrete driveway below, then go out and
buy a more reliable boiler...

Now I've had a nice new driveway installed, I don't want to dent it.
The f***ing thing has failed again and I need a new pcb (it has to be
that, there's no other electronics in the thing). Ideal want £170 to
visit (and hopefully fix it) - I can easily change the PCB myself but
who keeps them in stock (apart from Ideal themselves)? Or am I destined
to pay the £170?

Mike.

Get in touch with them. Send a letter to the MD. There is something
radically wrong with this boiler for this to happen. Is it spikes from the
power supply? If so they should have noticed after six pcb changes. The
engineers are irresponsible, as they should have brought this boiler to the
attention of the technical people at Ideal. Ideal engineers are generally
crap in my experience of them.