Martin H. Eastburn

R.H. wrote:

"Scott Lurndal" wrote in message
om...

"R.H." writes:

251. Drywall anchor

It's used with drywall, but it's not an anchor.

I take that back, I looks like it is an anchor so this answer is correct.

thought an anchor was something that a screw was screwed into, but I

guess

it applies to a wider variety of items.

Actually, you screw a screw into the #251, it's not much use otherwise.

If you haven't already seen the link that explains this one, here it is
again:

http://www.itwbrands.com/prod_ezanchor_hanger.php

The drywall anchor that is useful in Paneling, Hollow Doors and thin plaster
is made by Rayfix International owned by Midwest Fastener Corporation (might have owner backwards)

These are called "Ultimate Gold Wall Anchor - gold color - holds up to 60 pounds.
I bought a couple of packages at my local Lumber Company. Had to mount some heavy stuff - used 3.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer