Dave

Guess who, yes, it does have a name. The software that I use is called
SketchUp ( http://www.sketchup.com ). It was developed as a tool for
architects to do design work. It isn't really a CAD application
although it has the ability to do dimensioning and can be a very
effective tool for woodworkers. I have several CAD programs as well but
I've found that SketchUp has a much shorter learning curve and is more
intuitive to use. The company's site has tutorial videos under Training
if you'd like to see it in action.

I also use a 2D CAD application called Anvil 1000 which is ancient but
very effective. As CAD software goes, it is about as easy as you can
get. It runs in DOS so it doesn't have a pretty GUI but it runs faster
than AutoCAD or other similar software. That program and a bunch of
drawings will fit on a 1.44Mb floppy and will run from the disk. That
makes it very portable. Unfortunately, Anvil 1K would be tough to find
any more. Admittedly, since I bought SketchUp, I don't use Anvil as
much as I did before.

Dave