Shawn

"Eric R Snow" wrote in message
So I've looked at several backhoes in the last couple years but they
were all too expensive for me. Then I rented a small excavator. Boy,
was that fun! So, I bought a set of plans from a guy who posted a
message here about plans for sale. He sent me the wrong plans by
mistake and when I e-mailed him about this he sent me the right plans
and told me to keep the ones he sent by mistake. Then, because that's
how life is, a good deal on a backhoe comes my way. After selling the
1939 Ford 9N, my cost for upgrading to a 1974 Case 580 CK bucket
loader with backhoe will be $1500.00. About what I was planning on
spending for a home made excavator. So I now have plans for a couple
machines that I'm probably not gonna build. And a besides the backhoe,
I have a bucket loader. My neighbor owns an excavating business and
does all my real dirtwork. Like excavating and preparing the site for
my shop. When he did the site for the green house he said it would be
easier for all if I rented a small excavator to do all the ditch work.
He knows he will still be doing all my major work and maybe that's why
he only charged me $80.00 for picking up and delivering the new
machine to me and spending an hour showing me how it worked and what
to look out for. Getting lessons from someone who really knows what
they are doing is great. I gotta go now because the machine is warmed
up and I wanna play.
Cheers,
ERS

I suggest you put your metalworking skills to good use and build a thumb for
your backhoe. Trust me, you won't be disappointed.

Shawn