On 21 Jan 2005 08:31:04 -0800, wrote:

Hi all,
Anybody here have any idea where I can buy raw lanolin? I have googled
around and found that I can buy it in 2 fl.oz. tubes from pharmacy type
places for 5 or 6 bucks or more, but I am looking to get a few pounds,
and that is way too expensive. If I want a railroad tanker car full, I
found a few sources for that as well, but that is a bit much in the
other direction.

I checked a few chemical supply places in the local phone book
(Massachusetts) but the only 2 that would even speak to me, told me
they only sold the lab/pharma grade stuff at something like $40/Lb. I
am not going to eat this or spread it on my (or anyone elses) body, so
would prefer something more "industrial grade" like this that I found
on ebay:

http://tinyurl.com/57h9j

This guy is in Australia, so I am waiting to hear what shipping would
cost and suspect it may be pricey.
Any other leads or sources?

Thanks in advance,
Alan

This may sound weird, but check hand weaving shops. They buy wool,
often unspun, which puts them in touch with wool producers, who also
produce lanolin.

--RC

"Sometimes history doesn't repeat itself. It just yells
'can't you remember anything I've told you?' and lets
fly with a club.
-- John W. Cambell Jr.