Pedge

Default 1mm Twin earth cable query

I'm currently redoing my kitchen where i'm at the stage of putting a new
ceiling using timber and plasterboard.

I'm not a qualified electrician but have done some wiring in the past,
Before I put up the plasterboard i'm feeding a 1mm twin earth cable to the
otherside of the kitchen to be used for the kitchen wall unit under
lighting. The red 1mm cable has been fed through to the switch (via flush
conduit) that will be used for the wall unit lights and i'm going to
connect a live cable from the main ceiling light switch to the wall unit
light switch.

My question is, if the current wiring is 1.5mm can I use the 1mm wire to
connect to the wall unit switch and a 1mm live wire to feed off the current
1.5mm cable?

Am also looking at wiring the ceiling downlights with 1mm cable to be fed
off the current 1.5mm cabling.

Can this be done or will there be an overload?

TIA

Pedge