Sam Goldwasser

writes:

Martik wrote:
Fuse is rated 172C, all I can find is 167C or 187C. Which one should

choose?

Martik:
As the James Sweet reply post correctly suggested, install the l67C
lower temperature rated thermal fuse.
As with any fuse, NEVER substitute a higher value than the OEM value or
bypass it, it is there for a very good safety reason... it is not
worth the risk; if you do you are literally playing with fire.
electricitym

And, if it blows again, toss the dryer. A second failrue would almost
certainly NOT be because the fuse is a few degrees too low. Something
else is intermittent or has failed completely like the thermostat.

--- sam | Sci.Electronics.Repair FAQ Mirror:
http://repairfaq.ece.drexel.edu/

traffic on Repairfaq.org.