nightjar

"Dundonald" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm in the process of clearing loft space for storage. The old water
tank is being chopped up and removed. The existing floor boards are
sparadic, some hang over half way between joists. So I intend to cut
some of them back to the joists in a manner that I can then lay the
chipboard tongue and groove stuff.

I have so far cut the floor boards flush with the joists using my
jigsaw. I now need to cut the floor boards back to half way across the
joist leaving room to lay the new chipboards.

It would be easier to screw a batten to the edge of the joist to support the
chipboard. It is virtually certain that a significant number of the
floorboard nails will be just where you want to cut, to the considerable
detriment of any tool you use to cut them.

Colin Bignell