bf

Just a note.. IMO, at the 14 inch size, horsepower is not your primary
worry.
It's more important to have the saw properly tuned and the proper blade
for the job

My 12 year old Delta bandsaw has "only" as 3/4 HP motor and has done
everything I've ever asked it to do.

I'd stay away from the Rigid. Be careful.. often the tool that wins
"best value" is simply the cheapest one.

Also, most people do not realize that when magazines test tools (or
other products), they come directly from the manufacturer. So, the tool
the magazine guys gets has had 1000 times more quality control and
testing at the factory than the one you buy off the shelf. This can
make the lower priced/quality one seem better than it really is.
I know this, as I was part of this scam in another manufacturing
industry.. the product that the reviewers got was certainly not
representative of what 99% of the consumers got off the shelf.