scobagle

Thats actually not too bad of a price. Especially for Oak. If its
S4S'd, then its not a bad deal at all, but if its still S2S, then I
agree with the other guy, a decent deal. The next thing to consider
would be the condition of the oak. Is it white or red oak, is it FAS or
#1 or #2 common. More than likely, if its surfaced already, its FAS.
Then its not a bad deal. I only know these things because I'm kind of a
nerd and work at a hardwood lumber store.
Scott

toller wrote:
"Elmar" wrote in message
oups.com...
There's a local Habitat store selling edge glued boards, 8" wide 5

foot
long for $6 for poplar and $10 for Oak. They are at least 3/4"

thick.
Is this a decent price?

That is about the normal price for solid oak or poplar.
What is an edge glued board?