Gunner

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 09:56:33 -0500, Joe wrote:

Pat Ford wrote:

[snip]

Now in my Kia sportage(2000) the belt releases on a regular basis. You have
to check the release button, it doesn't always come all the way up.

Sorta fits my (admittedly biased) view of the Kia

In Ontario, ( in Canada infact) you are not allowed to put better seatbelts
in a road licensed car.

Laws are crafted (if that is the proper word) by politicians. You get what you
pay for.

When I was 14 I rolled my first car, I was stuck upside down all my weight
on the belt, it wouldn't release. That said if I didn't have it on I'd
likely by in a wheel chair. First person on the scene explained that I'd
have to take some weight off the belt.

Don't trust the seatbelts, they can help but...

Three years ago (this week) a good friend was driving back to Alabama after
visiting a bunch of us for our "Twelfth Night" celebration (SCAdians know what
this is). He locked the brakes trying to avoid a deer, on a wet road west of
Atlanta, and flipped the car. His seat belt held him in place, but since he was
very large (very), his weight prevented him from releasing the buckle, and he
suffocated before help arrived.

Every safeguard seems to present its own set of problems.

Joe

This is one of the reasons one should carry a good sharp partially
serrated lockback knife. Goes through seatbelt material like ****
through a seagull

Gunner

"Gunner, you are the same ridiculous liberal f--k you ever where."
Scipio