Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
AndyHingston wrote:
I do agree with the "One Box" solution approach, assuming as others
have said that it meets the requirements and that is my dilema at
present!

While a one box solution makes installing simpler for unskilled or
cackhanded people like IMM - and will appeal to some pro installers by way
of increased profits - it ties you down to the maker for the inevitable
spare parts.

External components such as pumps, divertor valves and of course a
storage cylinder allow you to buy the finest available - and a choice of
makes at replacement time. And probably makes such replacement easier due
to better accessibility.

All to often a maker will withdraw support on a product in an attempt to
force new sales, before that product is truly worn out. So I'd prefer to
keep this possibility to a minimum.

Installing a new system on a DIY basis is really something it is worth
taking time and trouble getting absolutely right, as it should then have a
long, long life.

Of course if you are tight for space, a one box solution may be the
answer, but it is far from the 'one size fits all' ideal solution that our
resident clown is so keen to promote for reasons best known to himself.

--
*Atheism is a non-prophet organization.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.