tomcas

Martin wrote:

Thanks for the links. From the reviews, it appears that there may be
some issue with piston galling and seizures. Maybe the chinese aren't
that careful what metals they allow to rub together. I note that the
ebay seller offers complete replacement engines for $80, though. What
a deal!

Martin

Much of this galling problem has to to do with two lubrication problems
as opposed to quality problems.
Some people use the wrong oil, and most people make the mistake of using
the manufactures recommended ratios. These ratios are intentionally
weaned out to satisfy the environmentalist. After cooking a brand new
leaf blower with 40 to 1, I switched to 16 to 1 (or 20 to 1) on
everything,across the board, old or new. 5 years later and I have not
had any problems with string trimmers, leaf blowers, and chainsaws.