Ernie Leimkuhler

In article
, B.B.
u wrote:

In article ,
Ernie Leimkuhler wrote:

[...]

Thanks again. Just what I needed to know.
Two more questions: One, what do you mean by "good" grinding disks?
Just anything that's not from Home Wal Harbor Freight Depot Mart, or is
there a brand I need to hunt for?

Pferd, Bay State, and Klingspor are my favorites.

Bay State makes a Blue Lightning wheel that cuts so well on hard steel.

Two, in your description about the anvil welding you mentioned
filling pits with a TIG welder. I won't have access to a TIG machine,
so can I do this with stick or am I just going to have to live with any
pits? Could I use an OA torch instead?

Stick works, just make sure to lightly grind the pits before welding
and don't just make dots, lay 1/2" long weldsover each pit, then grind
off.