raden

In message , Paul Mc Cann
writes

CPC (see FAQs) do a 512meg USB memory stick for about £50

You can probably find them a bit cheaper elsewhere, but that's what I
use for backing up my company database every day

It's no way big enough for backing up a hard drive, but for transporting
data it's the canine gonads

Forget memory sticks at al. Get a CF card, now up to 5gb (yes Gigabyte,
we're talking reals mans storage here) in certain guises, or an SD card.
You will need a card reader with it. That way when you get that new
multi megapixel camera you can use the same memory cards.

No - for several reasons

1/ What does the average person need so much backup memory for ?
5 gigs is a lot

2/ How long before you (or rather I) lose it, carrying it about from
home to work?

3/ You can't just plug it into a computer unless you carry a card reader
around with you all the time

4/ Err ...
--
geoff