billh

I used one on a 1236 lookalike lathe with no problem at all.
billh

"Old Griz" wrote in message

The Jet 1442 uses a reeves drive system... DO NOT use a link belt on
this type of system... if you need to replace the existing belt go to a
good autoparts store and get the best Gates Green belt they have in the
size you need... I use them on my 1236 that has the same type of drive
and they last longer than the factory replacements at a fraction of the
cost...

Wood Turn It Dont Burn It Wrote:
I belive I read here a short time ago that someone had used a link belt
on his Jet 1442. How wide should the belt be and can it be installed
without undoing the various pieces of the Reeves drive to slide the
shaft out as you would to install the original belt. Also, how tight
do
you make it between the 2 pulleys. Thanks in advance.

STEMO

--
Old Griz