Leo Lichtman

"Old Griz" wrote: The Jet 1442 uses a reeves drive system... DO NOT use a
link belt on this type of system...(clip)
Why not? I have done it, and I believe it works better than a standard
solid Vee belt. The advantages a 1.) The length can be changed in
increments of 1/2", allowing you to fine tune the speed range. 2.) If the
drive stalls, and damages the belt, only a couple of links need to be
replaced, instead of the whole belt. 3.) Smoother running. 4.) IMHO,
link belts actually last longer (I have no data to back this up.)