Lobster

Paul Mc Cann wrote:

Forget memory sticks at al. Get a CF card, now up to 5gb (yes

Gigabyte,
we're talking reals mans storage here) in certain guises, or an SD

card.

You will need a card reader with it. That way when you get that new
multi megapixel camera you can use the same memory cards.

And who is going to pay for the school to install card readers in all
it's PCs?

Not necessary - the card reader simply travels with the CF card. I
think Paul's got a good point: maybe the OP already has a digital camera
which takes memory cards, and doesn't raelise that all she needs is a
card reader to use it as a 'memory stick' (with most cameras you don't
even need the card reader, you can plug in the camera to a USB port and
use it as an expensive 'memory stick'!)

Anyway, I bought a 10GBP USB 2 card reader off ebay a while ago to
transfer pictures from the camera - it's the size of a matchbox and
comes with a USB cable attached, and I regularly use it with my spare CF
card almost permanently fitted, as a glorified memory stick to transfer
data between PCs.

David