Lawrence L'Hote

wrote in message
news:1106160403.80920@smirk...
In the recent Lee Valley flyer, they advertise heavy duty duct tape.
I wonder how many people got the Red Green joke in the "for
patching a holed canoe".

Stop me if I've told about this incident here before. Two years ago, I had
occasion to take a plane trip to Reno on United. During the refreshment
break the attendents beverage cart banged into the seat across the aisle
from me and tore off a piece of plastic molding and it was left sticking out
into the passageway ready to snag the next passenger. I spoke to the next
flight attendent that passed and remarked to her, "you need some of that
duct tape you all use on the wings to hold that piece of molding back out of
the way." This was a few weeks after that national news story
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news...79/detail.html
had aired. Anyway the indignant attendent said "we DON"T use duct tape on
our planes wings! but I will have to check with the captain about using
that roll of duct tape we have back there. We are only to use that tape to
restrain passengers." Less than 10 minutes later she came by with the tape
and fixed the snag(more-or-less) and remarked, "the captain gave me the okay
to use the tape."

Larry