Wes Stewart

On 19 Jan 2005 15:50:01 -0800, wrote:

wrote:
| In the recent Lee Valley flyer, they advertise heavy duty duct tape.
| I wonder how many people got the Red Green joke in the "for
| patching a holed canoe". You remember, when Red Green and his
|buddies
| wanted to go out on the lake, and discovered that the canoe hadn't
| been stored behind the back stop at the gun range, instead it was the
| back stop!
|
|Whenever I go out in a canoe I take a roll of duct tape along
|to patch any holes that 'appear' in the canoe while out and
|about. Uncle Red didn't just make that up.

Whenever I tow my symbol of fine American craftsmanship, my POS
Mallard by Fleetwood travel trailer, I take several rolls along.

Near the end (fortunately) of my last trip in this horrid thing, I
needed several rolls to secure a piece of aluminum siding that peeled
off and wrapped around the awning upright much like a banana peel.

The tape worked much better than the overdriven narrow-crown staples
that these fools use to "secure" thin aluminum siding against
hurricane velocity winds.

What Robin needs to stock too is a solvent that will remove the
adhesive while leaving the paint alone.