George

"Luigi Zanasi" wrote in message
. ..
On Thursday 20 Jan 2005 5:06 am, Owen Lawrence scribbled:
The house I bought came with forced air heating, and I'm noticing with
amusement that all of the duct tape the previous owner used to patch
it with
is drying out and coming off. I'll be replacing it with aluminum tape
pretty soon. Maybe in the spring. In the meantime my workshop is
nice and warm.

The guy at the local sheet metal shop said duct tape is good for
everything except ducts.

Original purpose was close to the canoe patch, IIRC. US Navy liked it
because it would seal even when wet.

When those crummy headblock straps they sell (dearly) for backboards get
lost or too bloody to consider using, I use duct tape to secure a patient's
head. Slow peel doesn't even pull hair too badly.