billh

There should be printed arrows at intervals on the belt showing the
direction of rotation. The direction "tightens" the links.
billh

"Mainebowlman" wrote in message
oups.com...

Stemo, I took a chance with some internet info and installed a link
belt on my Delta 46-715 yesterday. Seems to run quieter.

My 1/2" wide stretched Delta belt was supposed to be 28 1/2" in outside
diameter (got that info from Delta parts). The links worked out pretty
darn close to that.

I was able to put the speed lever to the max rpm and roll the belt over
onto the Reeves pulley on the motor. (After trial and error, I also
figured it looks like the tabs should face the pulley to form the V.
Duh!)

Found this info that might help:
http://www.newwoodworker.com/bltrplcjwl1236.html

Hope this helps.