Martin

I imagine there are lots of applications. Many folks have a motorcycle
license, and registration/insurance for a moped is not expensive. On
the other hand, I can imagine scenarios where one would not bother,
such as using it to cruise the non-public streets of a large RV park,
etc. Of course, you could always pedal it anywhere (no license
required to carry an engine around as dead weight) and use the engine
for assist when you think violation risk is low.

I don't think the 50cc restriction is universal. For example, when I
was a kid in Tennessee, the dividing line between "motorcycle" and
"motor-driven cycle" was 5 HP, regardless of displacement. We all rode
90cc Honda motorcycles when we were 14 (moped legal age), thanks to an
enterprising dealer who installed (easily-altered) throttle blocks
above the carburetor slides and certified them as 5 HP.

Martin

RellikJM wrote:
FWIW Here in Colorado anything over 50 cc's requires a motorcycle

license ,
insurance and registration. I don't know where you plan on using it

but
something to think about.

RellikJM

"Martin" wrote in message
ups.com...

Vaughn Simon wrote:
"Martin" wrote in message
oups.com...
Has anyone actually ordered one of these,

Does anyone else smell SPAM around here?

Vaughn

No spam here. I am personally interested in such vehicles, and

found
that site during one of my frequent searches. I posted the

question to
this group, and this group alone, because as a longtime participant

have read discussions indicating that we have quite a few guys with
experience motorizing a bicycle. These are the type of people

likely
to have checked out the item for which I supplied a link.

In looking at the engine kit (did you check it out, or just give me

knee-jerk reply?), I thought that it offered quite a bit for $160.

For
example, the resurrected "Whizzer" company here in Dallas wants

about
$700 for their engine kit.

The Whizzer components are manufactured in Taiwan. I assume this

$160
kit is a Chinese knockoff of something, and I was genuinely hoping

find someone who had been brave enough (or maybe lived near the
supplier) to check one out.

best regards,

Martin