HeatMan

"Noozer" wrote in message
news:IkvHd.125108$8l.67235@pd7tw1no...
Oh, how I disagree.

There's nothing like sitting inside by the fire watching your neighbors

shovel
and freeze while your driveway is just wet.

No, I don't have one.....so close at one point, though. My old house

had
very small driveway and it wouldn't have been bad to do. I ran the

numbers
and it would have cost less than $5K to install (the right way) and a
guesstimate of under $100/year to use. My current house has a 350'

driveway
and I don't know if Bill Gates could afford to heat that!

If I was pouring a driveway I'd probably spend a few extra dollars to

plumb
it for heat or run a heating wire.

Personally I think using liquid would be better than electric because you
can use the return fluid to determine if you need more or less heat based

on
it's temperature.

I'm gonna chime in here.

We are looking at a new (to us) house. It's about 10 years old and the
driveway looks like crap. We're going to offer slightly less than asking
price because of the driveway condition. When I get it repoured, it WILL
have PEX tubing in it for ice melting purposes. We don't get a lot of snow
or ice around here, but at least we'll be able to get out when it does snow
or ice.