Napalm Heart

"Jonathan Goodish" wrote in message
In article ,
diesel_fuel wrote:

You say
-----------------------------------
I started into some oak about 12" in diameter I worked through

this for
about an hour
7 or 8 cuts until the bar and chain
were smoking so badly
------------------------------------
this is a very blunt chainsaw
less than 10 seconds per cut for a sharp chain

I didn't say that it took me an hour to make 7 or 8 cuts, I said

that I
had been cutting for about an hour, but it became progressively more
difficult to cut.

In any case, you're right, with a sharp chain on this saw it is just

few seconds per cut.

In any case, I do have a filing kit w/guides, so I am going to give

that
a go and see what happens.

Thanks to all for your replies.

JKG

I haven't followed this thread all the way through, but I'll add that
I use a Dremel with a chainsaw blade sharpening kit on it with
excellent results and no more material removal than filing would
cause. It's a lot quicker than filing.

Ken (MI)