The Natural Philosopher

Pecanfan wrote:

"Set Square" wrote in message

Does the soil pipe *need* to extend along to the basin? Can't you bring a
smaller pipe along, and connect it into the large pipe near the pan?

Potentially, but I've never seen a soil pipe end-cap with a 40mm waste hole
built into it.

I have. Lots. Big rubber bung with a 1/34" hole in it.

That means I'd have to do the strap boss thing, which means
the waste from the sink would have to meander along to the soil pipe *above*
the level of the soil pipe (in order to drop into it). It's OK, shortly
after posting I found this which should do the job nicely...
http://database.hunterplastics.co.uk/products?group=519 :-)

Oh. Never seen that particular combination meself Neat.

My plumbers solved this one by drilling into the vertical soil pipe and
glueing waste 'collars' into it so bath and basin feed in the side of it
and bog in the top.

Andy