Gary

The TV is a plasma (35kg), and I'm recessing the bolt into the hole. The
bolt is 135mm so I drill a hole 125mm deep, the sleeve sits way back in the
hole and the actual bolt then petrudes the full 135mm from the back of the
hole giving approx 10mm I can attach the nut to. Is this correct.

I'm going into breezeblock through plasterboard that's been tab and dabbed
(sp?) onto the breezeblock. The bolt then opens up inside the breezeblock.
This is an exterior wall in a 3 year old house.

Comments appreciated.

Thanks

Gary

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
Gary wrote:
As I'm a complete newbie at DIY I drilled the first 16mm hole this
evening. I then proceeded to put the anchor bolt into the hole. The
problem I found was that the thicker end of the anchor bolt would not go
fully into the hole and I ended up having to use a hammer to knock the
bolt in. I'm certain this can't be the right way. So was wondering if
anyone could give me some advice on how I'm supposed to install anchor
bolts.

IIRC, the collar part is meant to only sit flush with the plaster to give
a neat finish as well as help holding it together until tightened, so a
tap with a hammer to get it to fit is ok. It's the cast steel bits that
spread when you tighten it to take the load.

If going into an unplastered brick wall made of hard bricks you might need
to enlarge the start of the hole to get it to fit flush.

--
*Warning: Dates in Calendar are closer than they appear.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.