Log

I don;t know but when I was on dial up there was an icon on the lower corner
of my screen by the clock that flashed when there was data passing to/from
the web. If your using dialup networking provided by windows... I know that
if your using something like netzero your out of luck unless you use
something like zonealarm.

"Tom" wrote in message
Phil wrote: I have installed an internal modem and miss the lights
telling
me what
is happening. Have done some searching with no success for a utility
that shows the lights on screen. Can anybody recommend a suitable
utility?

Phil, do you mean when uploads or downloads are happening? If so,
Zonealarm
places a small "meter" on the taskbar with colored bars. Pretty good
security,
and free, too. Tom
Work at your leisure!